Saturday, March 16, 2013

Regional Qualifiers #2 (Gamerz)

So, there comes a time in every boy's life where he has to man the fuck up and keep his word.  I said I was taking Amon to the regional qualifiers and pussed out at the last moment and switched to Kageroyals.  Even with consistently bad hands and missing triggers all over the place, I still got 5th with Kageroyals.  The deck is strong and it has nothing left to prove.  Silent Tom told me to man the fuck up, keep my word, and go with Hellfire Ritual.  Here are the results.


Game 1 (Go Pdi)

You might be wondering why I made the Gold Paladin name missing several letters.  That's because the deck I was playing against was missing triggers.  They had about 7 in their deck.  They misplayed several times, including not attacking on their turn, and I won.  Not too much to say about it, I gave him some advice and helped him out after match and proceeded on.

Game 2 (Shadow Paladin)

This match was the manliest match ever.  We're both in a tight spot, I have a ton of damage (4), he has no viable rear guards since I keep swinging at them, but only one damage.  He swings at my vanguard, I do a two-to-pass.  He initiated manmode and gets a heal and a draw.  I take a damage.  Next turn, I take out his rear guards again and swing with my Vanguard, he does a two-to-pass, I initiate man mode, get a heal and a draw.  His next turn, I'm in much better shape.  I do a two-to-pass on his vanguard.  He initiates manmode.  Crit, draw.  I lose.  MANLIEST MATCH EVER!

Game 3 (Great Nature)

This guy was a special little snowflake.  He decided to use 8 draws in conjunction with the high base power of Great Nature to have a big hand (of 5k shields).  My Amon deck doesn't give any fucks about 5k shields, unless you've got like 9 of them.  Well, he kind of did.  He hit 5 triggers on his first 5 drive/damage checks.  4 draws and a heal which activated.  I get him down to 7 cards in hand, i know 5 of them. He had a 10k, 4 5k's in hand that I knew of, and a 5k and a null guard that I didn't know about. I push all in with Amon since he's at 5 damage, having my entire backrow being Doreens.  I had two null guards in hand and nothing else, so I charge those and another unit I had on the field.  I have 27k, 30k, 15k for my rows.  I swing 15k, he guards with 10.  He has 6 cards left. I attack with Amon, he null guards, dropping a 5k shield.  I hit no triggers.  He drops 4 5k's, the rest of his hand, to stop the 5th damage.  Just like last week, hitting a single trigger would have won the game for me.  He actually used 2 null guards already, which is why I wasn't convinced one of the two cards I didn't know about was going to be one, but I already factored in that if it was, I just needed a trigger to break through the rest of his guard, which I was right about.  It kind of sucked losing so early, but the games were just so overflooded with triggers I couldn't really do anything about it.

All-in-all, I shouldn't have made luck my dump stat, but at least I manned up and kept my word.  I didn't secure one of the regional qualifiers, but at least I had a blast being a nooblord loser failsauce unwinner.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment