Sunday, March 10, 2013

Regional Qualifiers #1 (Krypton Comics)

Here's the results from my awesome day at Krypton Comics with CJ Sarber.

Game 1 (MLB)

I made an early misplay by not 10k guarding their 7+5k attack to my 8k vanguard.  They got a crit, which my 10k guard would have shut down completely and saved me two early damage.  That woke me up (I'm still pretty tired) and I stopped misplaying after that.  I still ended up taking a demanding lead and secure the game turn 4.

Game 2 (Gold Paladins)

I ride up perfectly and reach turn 4.  My opponent has mostly 5k shields and has exactly enough guard to block both of my rear-guards, but not my vanguard.  He's at 4 damage.  I'm at 5 damage because he swung 23k turn two with his Ezel/Tron combo due to the superior ride.  So he no guards my vanguard.  I have 14 triggers left in my 37~ card deck.  My odds of hitting one critical and winning are about 72%.  My odds of surviving his next turn if he didn't hit triggers would be guaranteed as long as I didn't drive check two grade 3's.  I have two Bors on the field.  I drive check two Bors, immediately declare my own loss, and chuckle to myself.  This time I'M the Byond Shuffler.

Game 3 (Gold Paladins)

Another Ezelmore deck.  I don't remember much about this game.  I won with 3 rows of 3 Bors/8k's.  Still Byond shuffling like a nooblord.  All I remember was that they had 3 damage and no guarded my Bors and I Kageroyal'd them with a double crit.

Game 4 (Spike Brothers)

I got wailed on hard early game.  She hit trigger after trigger after trigger.  I end up winning by getting a critical at the end, but only because she misplayed a few times.

Game 5 (MLB)

Same player I beat in round one.  I got gradelocked at 1 for a turn.  This game lasted a while, going to turn 6 or 7.  He damage checked a Blaster Dark and I attacked into one of them to retire it.  He drive checked another and got one with Wingal Brave.  I ended up losing to two consecutive +10k's from moving the Blasters to soul.  One of the sad things about not running perfect guards is encountering big-hitting vanguards with bonus crit.  I didn't see any Bediviere and 4 of each Blaster, so he had at least 3 instances where not having a booster caused him to be unable to swing over any of my units.


Result - Kageroyals went 3-2 in the tournament, netting me 5th place.


Side games


Kageroyals - won two more side games and lost one, putting me at 5-3 for the day.  Not as good as usual, but I won't complain.


Royal Paladin/Dark Irregulars - This deck was dysfunctional.  Not because it was built wrong, it just never drew what it needed ever.  I did not have a single game where Lohengrin (running 4) was my vanguard save ONE game where he was ridden AFTER Palamedes.  Palamedes was my Vanguard 6 games.  I only have one of him.  I ended the night 0-8 with this deck because Lohengrin is the entire crux of it working.  I really need to shuffle better because holy crap that was awful.  I still had fun playing it, but it just did NOT function the way it was supposed to.  Again, Byond shuffle fail by me.


Hellfire Ritual - Went 5-2.  I lost one game before the tournament with it, then lost once to CJ.  CJ hit a 6th damage heal and double crit me at 3 damage to seal the deal on me (which I totally called!).  I love comebacks, so I was probably more excited about it than he was.  Sadly, my strongest row was only 30k unboosted.  I guess I need to start lifting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment