Monday, January 21, 2013

I am the Great Morikawa!

The tale of the Great Morikawa! Today I decided to do that one thing I always said I was going to do but never actually took the initiative to do: Build a Morikawa deck. There are a few rules for building and playing such a deck. The first rule: Your deck must consist of at least two clans. Second rule: You can only have a vanilla 6k starter, 8 vanilla grade 1's and 8 vanilla grade 2's. That means you will have exactly 17 grade 3's. Third rule: Any cards that aren't grade 3's that you draw you must put back into the deck with your mulligan.

With those rules established, I decided to go the route he used in the show. I combined Dragon Monk, Goku and Juggernaut Maximum. Granted, Goku needs Kagero grade 3's and I ran Seifried for the Spike Brothers section. I ended up with 8 Kagero and 9 Spike Brothers grade 3's. My triggers were split in half. 8 crit from Kagero, and 4 heal/4 crit from Spike Brothers.
The ultimate challenge: Victory!

The first match I played with this deck was my only victory. It began with me getting 3 grade 3's and two grade 2's. I placed the weak grade 2's back into my deck. The Great Morikawa only cares about power! I happen to receive a critical trigger and a grade 2 back from my mulligan. Turn one happens and I go first. I miss my ride phase. Next turn my opponent leads off by hitting me for one damage. Next turn happens and I hit my grade 1. The Great Morikawa swings and deals one damage. Next turn my opponent misses his grade 3 ride. That fool, it's the most important one! I take one more damage. It is my turn and Morikawa gets another Bahr! With my 8k boosting my MVP 10k, I deal one more damage! Morikawa is ahead of the game. Next turn my opponent hits his grade 3 and places another down. He also calls a grade one into his front row. He swings twice, but I get a critical trigger and only take two damage.

Here it is, I have 4 damage to my opponent's two damage. I make the call. FINAL TURN!
I ride General Seifried and call two Juggernaut Maximum. Bahr is a puny grade 1 that weakens my avatar, Juggernaut Maximum. I call a Cheer Girl, Maryland over him to reinforce my lineup. I soulblast and strike with my Juggs, dealing two damage and evening up the score. The moment of truth happened, I needed to deal two more damage to my opponent, so I strike with General Seifried! My opponent calls out, "No guard!" First check! I get Tahr! Yes it's a critical trig- Wait! I cannot use it! It is a Kagero trigger. Second Drive check... General Seifried. I activate Seifried's skill, calling Seifried and attack once more! My opponent (who really wanted me to win) says, "No guard!" He reveals no trigger, and the game is mine! The Great Morikawa is victorious!

1 comment:

  1. The best part about this is how Juggernaut Maximum wouldn't lose the 2k. I thought he was one of the other types of 11k cards. I could have hit the Tahr just fine and secured the victory a little more legitimately. Still, this story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete